Non-NY'ers ..... Dont hate *ahem* YUMZ
If you meet any TEN of this criteria, then YOU, my friend, are a REAL New Yorker. Out of Towners and Up State people need not apply.
1. You remember when MTA fare was $1.25
2. You have an attitude
3. Geography beyond Brooklyn is a mystery to you
4. You were a part of the NYC public school system at some time in your life
5. Anyone who has an accent and lives outside of NYC sounds 'country'.
6. You lock your doors and windows
7. There's a Chinese/Jamaican/Spanish/Pizza restaurant within a five mile radius of your house/apt.
8. You hate the Knicks, but love the Yankees.
9. If you agree with this statement: "God have mercy on the person that looks at you funny on the street"
10. You're used to police sirens and ambulances at night.
11. You shop regularly at a bodega aka corner store
12. Any movie you've seen about NYC (or filmed in NYC) you've recognized the location
13. The only thing you like about Jersey is the sales tax.
14. You've seen a fair share of crackheads
15. Your lungs are used to the pollution and you don't mind the water
16. You own any of the following: A Northface, a pair of tims or a pair of Jordans
17. You know (and love) Jimmy's
18. You only trust Dominicans with your hair regime (hell yea!)
19. Your idea of the mall is Fordham Road, Fulton Street, Jamaica Ave, 125th or 8th Street
20. You don't have a driver's license
21. You remember when Dr. Dre and Ed Lova was on Hot 97